THE MP3 VCR
MVR FILE FORMAT
WARNING: The following section contains information for advanced
gurus who want to play around with the configuration files. The program takes care of
all of the settings below. Proceed at your own risk!
All MVR presets files actually are text files. Accordingly, for those
bored of GUI interfaces, it is relatively easy to edit your line. The program comes
with several presets; the one labeled SomaFM Groove Salad.mvr contains
comments that should help you without having to look at the documentation.
The following is honestly not necessary, the GUI takes care of this for you, but
some of you may want to hack around, so here is the information you need. :)
The following commentary is taken from the SomaFM Groove Salad preset in case you
delete it. :)
# FORMAT OF FILES
# All # lines AT THE BEGINNING OF THE FILE ONLY are ignored
# This was originally written without a GUI for timed recordings
# So apologize for the bastardized format.
# Best to use the GUI to save a configuration first.
# 1st line = Title
# !L-Title = Open in listen mode
# !P-Title = Open paused
# !X-Title = Open in listen *and* paused mode.
# 2nd line = Address of Shoutcast Stream
# !l365! - special end designator that says this is a Live365 stream
# and the pls file has to be loaded.
# 3rd line = Name of the show if a dated archive
# or SONGNAMEONLY to save the song data associated with
# the stream instead of the radio program itself.
# or FILENAME XXXX to save the song as a single MP3 File
# SONGNAMEONLY[[%A - %T -- these tell the MP3VCR to override the default
# file format with the file format specified (e.g. %A - %T = Artist - Title)
# 4rd line = Path to save the stream to
# %DEFDIR% = use the default directory (last saved or Music folder)
# 5th line = Length of show in minutes
# Snnn (where n is the length of the show in minutes)
# will keep program loaded when the timed recording finishes
# 0 = no timed recording
# 6th line = Maximum days of shows to keep (ignored if not a dated archive)
# 0 = never delete
EXAMPLE PRESET FILE TO INTERPRET:
Here is what this preset file means:
- LINE 1: The title is "Groove Salad" obviously.
The !L- at the beginning means that this station will open in
listen mode. This is the default.
If you want to use the MP3VCR with the command line (for example with a scheduler program,
you would typically have no prefix at the beginning of the title.
If you want to use the MP3VCR to start up your Windows computer with a radio
station, you would typically put !X- at the beginning of the title.
- LINE 2: This is the web location of the Shoutcast stream.
- LINE 3: Here, the line reads SONGNAMEONLY.
that the MP3VCR will look for titles in the web stream and save the MP3 filenames based
on these titles.
- LINE 4: Here, the line reads %DEFDIR%
This line usually will be the folder which you are saving the MP3s to. If
this line is %DEFDIR%, this will be the path that you last chose to save the MP3 to (or, if you have not saved your MP3s anywhere, this will attempt to save your MP3s
in your default music / documents folder). This default path if it exists will be
stored in mp3vcr.ini (see below)
- LINE 5: Here, the line reads S0
The number here is 0 -- that means we are not doing timed recording of any
sort. The S in front of this number means that we will not exit
the MP3VCR program when timed recording is finishd. Do not put an S in front of the
line if you want to exit the MP3 VCR program when timed recording is finished (useful
for scheduling programs.)
- LINE 6: Here, the line reads 30
We don't do timed recording and dated archives in this file. But if we did,
this will tell the MP3 VCR how many days to actually keep the recording.
Where interesting settings are saved
The following settings are saved in this configuration file, written in the application's path:
- LASTPATH=c:\foo\mypath\ : The last path that you saved MP3VCR's MP3s to.
This is used as the default when you drag and drop a radio station into the program.
- SKINNAME=Default : This is the current skin that is being used. Please see
the section on editing skins for more information.
- PRESETPATH=c:\foo\mypath\ : This is the path that the MP3VCR uses to scan for saved
configuration files, when you open the MP3VCR preset window. By default, the MP3VCR will scan
the Presets subfolder. Anytime you change this path in the GUI, the INI will reflect the new
- ADVANCED=n : Show or hide advanced options on startup. 0 = hide options, 1 = show options.
- IEAGENT=n : Emulate Internet Explorer as an agent. 0 = emulate Winamp, 1 = emulate Internet Explorer.
- SCROLLSONG=n : Whether or not to scroll the song title. 0 = Do not scroll, 1 = scroll.
- DEFAULTFILEFORMAT=%A - %T : The default file format on saving stream titles. Please see the section on changing the file format for information about the format.
- SILENCEDETCTION=n: Whether or not MP3VCR attempts to split at the silent points. 1=yes; 0=no.
- STARTATRECORD=n: What screen MP3VCR starts up at. 1=start up at the recording setup screen. 0=start up with the preset window.
- LIVE365ALBUMS=n: Determines what is saved in the Album field of an MP3, while recording Live365 programming. 0=save the date code. 1=save the album titles.
- ONTIMEOUTRECONNECT=n: How often the MP3VCR should attempt to connect when starting to record.
- ONTIMEOUTRECONNECTDELAY=n: The delay between each MP3VCR connection attempt.
- SPACEBYTESTORECORD=n: How many bytes of silence MP3VCR looks for when attempting to split songs.
- OVERWRITEFILES=n: 1 = do *NOT* overwrite files when recording, append a # to the filename. 0 = overwrite files when recording. 2 = do *NOT* overwrite files when recording, just pause.
- STARTONNEXTSONG=n: How many songs to skip before MP3VCR begins recording.