THE MP3 VCR
THE RECORD / PLAYBACK SCREEN
Whenever you are playing or recording a station, the MP3 VCR
will normally (*1) bring up the record / playback screen. This screen is
designed to give you information about the current radio station, and give you control over
the recording and how it is played back!
The screen displays the following information:
- ( 1 ) The recording time of the current song or file; or the time left (in timed mode).
- ( 2 ) LIS -- if lit, you are currently listening to the radio station.
- ( 3 ) REC -- if lit, you are currently recording the radio station.
- ( 4 ) The current title of the song being played (if we can get this). Errors will also be displayed here.
- ( 5 ) The current bitrate of the radio station.
- ( 6 ) ERR -- if lit, the network is experience problems with the radio station.
- ( 7 ) Time mode
This will normally display "REC TIME", which means the clock is showing how long we have been recording the given song or file.
If we are recording a timed recording, you can switch this to "TIME LEFT" and find out how much time is left in the recording.
Hovering over the title will bring up a pop-up, with more information on the station, as shown below:
RECORD / PLAYBACK COMMANDS
- ( 1 ) Start recording: Use this button to restart recording, if you have stopped it using the stop button.
- ( 2 ) Pause recording: This button pauses recording without stopping it.
This allows you to listen to the radio station without recording. While paused, the pause button will be blinking yellow.
- ( 3 ) Stop recording: This button stops recording and listening completely.
- ( 4 ) Start / stop listening: This button allows you to toggle whether you listen to the station, or whether or not the station records silently.
- ( 5 ) Time mode: This button is only enabled for timed recordings. It allows you to toggle the time display between REC TIME (elapsed recording time) and TIME LEFT modes.
- ( 6 ) Station list: This button will bring up the preset management window.
- ( 6 ) Setup: Brings back up the recording setup screen.
- ( 7 ) Exit: Exits the MP3 VCR. (If we are recording, you'll be asked whether you really want to leave!)
- ( 8 ) Volume: If you are listening to the station, control the volume of the station here!
SYSTEM TRAY COMMANDS
Think the recording screen is obtrusive? Close the window! Just hit the X
at the top of the corner. This doesn't close the application -- the MP3 VCR will
still be recording and playing back your favorite station; you will see a small music
note () in your system tray. Just simply double click on the icon
and the MP3 VCR playback screen will come back up! (*2)
Right-clicking on the icon will bring up the system tray menu items:
The menu items perform the following actions:
- Set up new recording: Bring up the recording setup menu.
- Toggle recording display on / off: Shows or hides the record / playback screen.
- Start / Stop listening to recording: Turns off audio playback of the MP3 radio stream.
- Start Recording: Starts recording the stream.
- Stop Recording: Stops recording the stream.
- Pause / Unpause Recording: Toggles whether or not recording is paused.
- Documentation: Brings up the online help file.
- Stop Recording and Exit: Quits the MP3 VCR.
NOTE: Right-clicking the MP3 VCR system tray icon, and hitting "Toggle
recording display off", is another way to get rid of the record screen.
(*1) The MP3 VCR record / playback screen will automatically
be hidden when the program is launched from the command line. Makes life easier for
(*2) If you are not recording, the MP3 VCR is
intelligent enough to bring up the setup screen when you double-click the icon. Clever,